Whether you’re looking for a snowmobiling adventure, romantic getaway, or ice fishing trip into Northern Ontario’s beautiful, vast wilderness, the historic mining township of Elk Lake is the perfect wintertime match. On the breathtaking sunset shores of the Montreal River rests Elk Lake Wilderness Resort, one of the premier cottage resorts in Ontario. Families, groups, and couples visit our winter wonderland for exciting outdoor adventures, beautiful north country scenery, and first-rate hospitality. We have quickly become Northern Ontario’s premier snowmobile hub, but that’s just one of the many reasons to visit our tranquil paradise. Here are ten reasons to plan a vacation at Elk Lake Wilderness Resort, one of the premier winter resorts in Ontario.
Reasons to Visit Elk Lake This Winter
- Northern Ontario snowmobiling – Let’s start with the number one reason families trek to our peaceful winter paradise: world-class snowmobiling. We’re minutes from Northern Ontario’s best trails. Elk Lake is also seconds from miles of untouched powder on backcountry logging and mining roads.
- Romantic getaways in Ontario – Most of our guests arrive in packs – families, groups, and retreats – but Elk Lake Wilderness Resort is also a superb romantic destination. Our lovely resort has a rustic charm, peaceful seclusion, on-site saunas, hot tub, and hand-delivered dinners.
- Hand-delivered dinners – It’s not just lovebirds who enjoy our hand-delivered goodies. All you have to do is call ahead or simply ask to have dinner (and perhaps some craft beer or bottled wine) delivered to your rustic cottage. Each steaming, home-cooked meal is made with buckets of love.
- Spa-like therapy – You don’t have to escape to a faraway, ultra-expensive spa to unwind and rejuvenate. Elk Lake is one of the only cottage resorts in Ontario to have two wood-burning saunas and a hot tub. You’ll be relaxing in a soothing sauna within minutes of arriving from each day’s journey.
- Affordability – Our two-bedroom cottages start at just $135 per night, which includes the use of a full kitchen, free wifi, satellite television, hot tub, saunas, and so much more! Take advantage of this bargain before we change our minds. Oh, and the world-class service is also complimentary.
- Pet-friendly cottages – It’s hard to find cottage resorts in Ontario that allow pets. How could you plan a family vacation without bringing the kids’ favorite four-legged friend? We only ask you to pick up after your easily-controlled pets.
- Beautiful natural scenery – The surrounding beauty here at peaceful Elk Lake Wilderness Resort is what brings guests back year after year. Our serene, private resort features a calm lake, lush forestry, and friendly wildlife. The area is particularly beautiful during nighttime snowfall.
- Do-it-yourself breakfast – If you prefer to make a hot breakfast inside your cozy cottage, make use of your hand-delivered breakfast basket. The basket includes eggs, bacon, cereal, bread, oatmeal, coffee, milk, cream, sugar, bagels, and more!
Cottage Resorts in Ontario
We hope that you now have a better understanding of what makes Elk Lake Wilderness Resort so incredibly unique, especially in the wintertime. We strive to provide the premier personalized service in the province. Give us a call at 1-705-679‑4041 to book an overdue winter escape into the beautiful Northern Ontario wilderness!